Wednesday, February 18, 2009

First Solids!

We tried feeding Dallin solids for the first time this past Sunday, since he just turned 6 months old. We only had sweet potatoes and since I knew he wouldn't actually be eating that much, we tried him on it. He actually opened his mouth over and over for it for the first little while! But Jared did mention him pushing it out with his tongue, so I guess he still has the tongue thrust reflex. After a while though, I guess he finally really started tasting it and was giving disgusted looks! I tried giving him some organic brown rice cereal today, but I he didn't like it at all. I mixed it with water instead of breast milk though, so that may be the problem. I'll try and pump tomorrow and try it again. He did open his mouth for Teya when she was feeding him, but I think that may be b/c she barely put any of it on the spoon so he didn't really taste it at first.

No comments:

Post a Comment